Tasting - Mas de Sainte Croix Grenache blended with Syrah


Name: Mas de Sainte Croix 

Variety: Grenache blended with Syrah 

Region: Burgundy 

Country: France 

Year: 2017 

Price: $12.00 

 

Winery Review: Crisp blackberry and plum flavors are edged by earthen nuances of bramble and forest floor in this full-bodied blend of 75% Grenache and 25% Syrah. It's juicy but briskly concentrated, framed by ripe, integrated tannins. Enjoy this mouthfilling but easy-quaffing red while it's young. (A.L. C. I. 90/100)

 

Wine Folly: I was able to taste the hints of leather as described on pg. 117 of the book. I was unable to detect any of the flavors on pg. 172 in the book.  


My Review: Smells of cherry, blackberry, leather, and methanol alcohol. Bitter but not as bitter as other red wines. This is very acidic and earthy. I did not enjoy this wine very much.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Dionysos Fileri Moschofilero