My Wine Experience

             


My parents have always been casual wine drinkers. Often growing up there was a bottle of wine, usually a merlot, that was dragged out every once in a while for special occasions or whenever my parents felt like it. When these bottles were pulled down, perched on the top shelf of the cupboard, and poured into what can only be described as incredibly economically priced crystal wine glasses, my dad would normally let me and my siblings have a sip if asked. In this way, I have always had exposure to wine at an early age. 

Once I was of age, I was interested in finding a wine type that I actually like to drink. In my relatively short time seriously tasting wine, I have found that, like most young people, I prefer sweet/dessert wines like sangria, but I also have found myself drawn to the richer flavor of reds compared to whites. 

I tend to find when I find something I like, I do not want to expand my horizons. So I find myself not wanting to spend money on wine that is not similar to a wine that I have already previously enjoyed. I wanted to take this class to expand the types of wine that I have tried, and be able to articulate what I like and dislike about any bottle I come across.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Dionysos Fileri Moschofilero